Monday, March 17, 2008

SketchSeries 2d

Tobacco USA was a party of lights! I'm not quite sure if all of them were necessary and if there was any design with respect to the isles and items for sale. Track lighting/asymmetric lights and pendant lamps are used again here. The front of the store is entirely glass allowing a whole lot of natural light in, again the lighting design seems highly unnecessary especially since they close at 6pm.

Joe Gohn would not be pleased with this lighting design. I'm sure he would say that the first problem you have is "you can see the lamps. I don't like to see the lamps. Did I mention I don't like to see the lamps?" I found myself blinded occasionally glancing up towards the ceiling and physically being too close to a light. Perhaps more up lighting than down lighting (indirect vs direct)? It is just a guess but I believe that lighting is the sole reason why no one goes to this store. It is not customer friendly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Find out if your building is maximizing energy savings and how much energy your building is wasting. how much money you can save with Accurate Computation Tops. Architectural Lighting, Save Electricity, Led Technology